Hale o Lono Heiau - North Shore
The "House of Lono", This heiau was build around 1400 and was dedicated to the God Lono, one of the four Principal gods of ancient Hawaii. He ruled agriculture and harvests, weather, sports, and medicine. Located in Waimea Valley on the north shore, it is one of the largest and oldest historical sites.
This heiau was not designed for human sacrifice, however, at the beginning of the Makahiki, human and fish were offered to ensure a good harvest and fishing.