Aloha Tower in Honolulu Harbor in background
Female figurehead for the Falls Of Clyde, Aloha Tower in the background
Falls Of Clyde, built in 1878 in Port Glasgow, Scotland was named after a waterfall up the River Clyde, the Falls Of Clyde Originally a full-rigged ship designed for global trade, later re-rigged as a Bark, it's the only surviving fully-rigged, four masted sailing ship left in the world.
Jack Whitehead was commissioned to carve a replica figurehead (of the one on the ship, Ellisa) for the Falls Of Clyde. In Hawaii Jack spent many a long month in the tropical sun completing the carving of the wonderful female figurehead, which now can be seen at the bow of the Falls Of Clyde which is permanently moored in Honolulu Harbor and now part of the Hawaii Maritime Center.